@kennyflorian Retires: His Place in the UFC Record Book
Posted 3:21 PM
Kenny Florian announced his retirement from MMA competition yesterday, which is a good occasion for a look at some of his stats and records while in the UFC:
- Florian was the first, and remains the only man to compete in four different weight classes: middleweight, welterweight, lightweight, and featherweight.
- He retires with eight wins in the UFC by submissions, currently tied for the most among fighters in the modern era. Only Royce Gracie has more all-time submission wins.
- Florian got seven tapouts on 13 submission attempts, for a submission accuracy of 54%. He is the only fighter in the modern era with a submission accuracy greater than 40% (min. 10 sub. attempts).
- He was flawless with rear-naked chokes, going a perfect 7-for-7 on RNC attempts.
- Florian landed more significant strikes than his opponent in every one of his UFC victories. He got stoppages in 10 of his 12 wins.
- He retires with 3:07:38 of fight time, the 13th highest career length in UFC history, right behind Chuck Liddell.